Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Shout-out to the Woodstock B&B

If you are ever traveling on Hwy 92 between Roswell and Acworth, I recommend a quaint little spot located on Sweat mountain. The two story abode overlooks(if you look very hard) a small lake with fishing(though I never saw anything caught), a lap pool, and tennis courts. The cottage, if you will, is owned and operated by a young vibrant couple with a nearly mythical chocolate beast. Whether you are looking to lay by a fire and read a book, engage in an intellectual debate over politics, sports, exercise, explore the outdoors, poker, and/or just enjoy their fine cuisine before getting some R&R, they have it all. And don't hesitate to use them as a resource for local dining, shopping, and street level directions as you traverse the area. The price is GREAT and includes such amenities as free washer and dryer(as much is necessary or more), hour showers, free internet and Cable, etc!! All that is asked of you is to scratch the dog behind the ears. I give it two thumbs up!!

As I sit here in my new environment I can't help but wonder what I would be doing if I was back in Cherokee county. Hmm. Probably just getting back from a lovely evening at El Jinete, stuffed to the point of pain, sitting on the couch(just left off from center), computer in lap, watching family guy, basketball, football, etc. with Josh. Summer would probably be laying by the fire attempting to reassure(as if he didn't know) Maddux that he was loved. Or she might already be in bed if it is past 730. Just another evening in the Gernatt long term hostel.

In all seriousness I wanted to write a short web log(Blog) on how much I appreciate y'all letting me crash in your house for 2.5 "CHALLENGING" years. Not only did you let me sleep and eat there but you(both) went out of your way to include me in all that you were doing. Whether it was going to watch a game with friends, camping(my favorite), parties, etc., you always made me feel welcome. Thanks for all the encouragement while I was preparing for the MCAT, the birthday parties, all the gifts in between, and the going away get together! I look up to yall a lot and I have learned so much from you both. You both are hard working, focused, and super talented individuals! To keep this from getting too sappy I am going to wrap it up. I hope someday I will be able to return the favor(Maybe not in the same way)!!

5 comments:

  1. You are so blessed to have such wonderful siblings and brother-in-laws that love you so much and they are blessed to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez, I almost cried reading this. We went to El Jinete the other night and it just was not the same without you. Ernesto asked where you were....just kidding he was his usual self. We enjoyed having you live with us! Can't wait to visit you in Grenada!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to see that you have your own blog, so I can keep up with you in Grenada. I can't wait to see pictures.

    This is a really sweet post! I know they are going to miss you, and we'll miss you on the camping trip!!

    ReplyDelete